Twenty shades of Bev

Tuesday, August 21, 2012


Twenty is a great number. It's the name of a village in Lincolnshire, the atomic number of calcium, the basis for vigesimal number systems and a hatachi in Japanese. I appear to have swallowed Wikipedia, but since I've discovered that twenty is so great, I thought I might treat you to twenty lame/clever/weird/uninteresting facts about me. It's about time we got to know each other better anyway. Just pretend it's vaguely interesting and we'll all be fine...

1. I carry a stack of Post-its around with me
2. My memory isn't always the greatest thing, hence the Post-its
3. I love cooking - I make fantastic salmon rotolos
4. I once cried when I couldn't buy a magazine before it went off shelves :'( This was years ago though, so don't judge me
5. I gave my grandmothers the nicknames of "Primrose" and "Marigold". Don't ask why…
6. There is a very embarrassing video of me singing Britney's "Oops I did it again" buried somewhere in my house
7. I was on Blue Peter and loved it
8. My favourite song is Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". It makes me smile and sing along like, every time.
9. Other favourite songs share common features: male singer, guitar, ballad, soppy lyrics, killer choruses. Think The Calling's "Wherever You Will Go" and Nickelback's "Far Away"...tearjerkers
10. You know when your hair's been parted wrongly and it sticks up? When I was younger, I cut that bit off. Had a beautiful tuft of sticking up hair for ages afterwards
11. There is a fake Oscar in my room once used as a fancy-dress prop. If anyone asks though, it is real
12. I scored a U on a test, then an A on the real thing just two weeks later. I think that makes me a quick learner
13. I'd like to befriend someone with an Australian accent so I can finally master the "G'day mate"
14. I won tickets to the Twilight premiere in 2008 and celebrated by non-stop jumping up and down shamelessly. Although I still enjoy Rob Pattinson's face, I am sadly no longer a "Twihard"
14.5 I never really understood why people called him "R-Patz". It's not a particularly pleasant nickname...
15. When I was 5, I belted out "My Heart Will Go On" in front of a pretty large crowd. Apparently I insisted on wearing pink since Celine wears red in the music vid. Didn't own any red so pink would do!
16. I've probably seen every episode of Friends at least once. Or twice. Or more. Definitely more.
17. I have a scar from running head first into a slide
18. I have another scar from a patio door slamming into my finger
19. I love driving. I've yet to crash into something so this fact is subject to change :)
20. During my "I think I'm like cool" stage, I thought it would be cool to write "lol" on my door. It's still there.

And just a bonus: I like lists. I think that's clear for everyone to see! Hey, thanks for list-ening (haha?)...!


Bev x
*

You Might Also Like

1 comments