New York Fashion Week - it's all kicking off!

Thursday, September 07, 2017

This time last year, I was at New York Fashion Week and it was incredible! Whilst I'm sad not to be there, I am catching up on all the action from the glamourous front row that is my sofa. We may be missing the sun, but Spring/Summer 2018 just got a whole lot closer.

Tom Ford was one of the first shows and it's all about shape. Rocking big shoulder pads? Check. Ruched mermaid dresses? Check. Daring underwear as outwear shapes? Check, check and check - Borat would be proud of that last one. I especially love the super shiny jackets, because I'm sporting one of my own pretty much any/every day I want to jazz up a boring outfit.


And let's not forget about the sequins! Sparkle and razzle-dazzle in style. What I really like about this collection is that it takes sequins and shine without completely overdoing it. For a Spring/Summer collection, it is rather long-sleeved and tailored, but does so with subtly bright tones.


Another early show was Desigual. This was one of the most memorable shows that I went to last year and it seems they have upped the cool and crazy this year! With some gravity-defying hairstyles, sassy struts and joint  walks, this has got to be the most fun catwalk show you'll ever see! The combinations may seem far-fetched but most - ok, some - are pieces you and I could actually buy and wear...


I've just come across Gary Graham who is based in NYC with a background in costume design. You can tell, because his latest collection has some wonderful theatrical details about it - and it's a little bit boho chic.


And lastly, I have to end on the topic of gorgeous red carpet-worthy dresses, because what would I waste all my time poring over otherwise? Pamella Roland is my pick and certainly gets my attention with these gorgeous gowns. Embellishment, texture and tulle, plus how lush is that aqua blue gradient!? She has kept her collection quite varied too, so there's bound to be something for everyone.


It's going to be a good month of top fashion. Keep your eyes peeled for more updates right here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments