NYFW SS18 Highlights

Sunday, September 17, 2017

We've said seeya later to New York and jetted off to London as Fashion Week gets well underway. But there were some absolutely unbelievably exciting collections in New York that definitely deserve more than a shout out! I've been following closely mainly on Instagram (@instahautecouture is brilliant) and I can't even pick a definite list of highlights because they keep changing. Man, I wish I'd been there!

 J. Mendel

Mendel, known for his impressive craftsmanship, debuted his old Hollywood-inspired Spring 2018 collection. With 30 stunning evening gowns, there's such range - I love the stoles, the capes, the unashamedly frilly frills...such elegance.

And my favourites...!


Marchesa

If you asked me about 10 years ago (about the time I started taking interest in eveningwear), I'd say my favourite designer was Marchesa. Then I mispronounced it for another couple of years. I still rank them so highly, the show is like a walking fairytale. This collection has been inspired by travels to Japan and I can certainly see that with the cherry blossom. I don't love every piece of this, but I really love the floral embellishment.



Reem Acra

Their bridal gowns are legendary, but this ready-to-wear collection was a lot more light-hearted with some shapes straight out of the 60s. Gold belts featured on nearly every outfit (Wonder Woman inspired perhaps!?) but my favourites were actually the florals. I'm feeling a theme here...


And my favourite goes to...


Oscar de la Renta

Oscar is another firm favourite up there! Ok, the paint splodges don't seem super luxe, but the bright primary colour tailored pieces are fun, and there are some nice touches with de la Renta handwritten notes. If that isn't a signature print, then what is?


And of course, the evening pieces. I love these midi gowns!

Michael Costello 

He's going to town with the chiffon gown! And check out that flower wall. Damn. This blushed pink colour is so, so pretty.



Zac Posen

Some Oscar-worthy evening dresses to be seen here! And as for the daytime collection, they are definitely achievable from the High Street. Long live the culotte. But ahh look at the shape of those dresses.



More to come soon from London, and I'm so excited to be heading to Milan too! Wahhhooooo.

Bev
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments