BFI London Film Festival 2017 is coming to town!

Thursday, August 31, 2017


If you ask me what my most enjoyable cinema trip has been to date, I'll tell you I've already peaked. Last year at the BFI London Film Festival, I was sat watching a little-known film called La La Land. Two and a bit hours later, I had laughed and cried my way through and as I was rethinking my entire life's choices, listening to brilliant Director Damien Chazelle speak about the filming process, Ryan Gosling sauntered in. End of story. Which is why I absolutely cannot wait for BFI LFF 2017; it is a brilliant film festival and showcases such brilliant films - with some star-studded bonuses along the way. Today, the full line-up was released and it looks good!

The festival opens on 4th October with Andy Serkis's directing debut Breathe (starring Andrew Garfield and Claire Foy), and it will be the 61st LFF. A whopping 243 films will be shown over 11 days, from 67 countries and taking place in 15 iconic London cinemas. You can find the full line-up here, plus a few of my highlights below!


On Chesil Beach (Directed by Dominic Cooke)

This is the Love Gala pick, starring Saoirse Ronan and Billy Howle, with Ronan in another Ian McEwan adaptation.

Battle of the Sexes (Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris)

Emma Stone and Steve Carrell back on the big screen together again in a real life tennis epic!



How to Talk to Girls at Parties (Directed by John Cameron Mitchell)

Nicole Kidman and Elle Fanning star in this cosmic 70s eclectic film that has already made waves at other festivals this year.  Watch the trailer, it'll make you go oooooh.


The Killing of a Sacred Deer (Directed by Yorgos Lanthimos)

I watched Lanthimos's The Lobster earlier this year and it was the most intriguing piece of cinema I've ever watched! Nicole Kidman's in this too, and by the sounds of early viewings, it's just as intriguing and pure WEIRD. 


Downsizing (Directed by Alexander Payne)

It's a social satire sci-fi comedy where you can actually shrink and live in a mini-world to save resources. Matt Damon does but his wife Kristen Wiig doesn't. Awks! But imagine that, you could live in a house made from actual LEGO...



Find out more about all the films and how to get your hands on tickets here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments