The Trend Report: La La Land with flying colours

Wednesday, February 22, 2017


Colour-blocking is hardly new, nor a "trend", but when La La Land burst onto screens with Emma Stone & co.'s bright, colourful dresses, it put a great big smile on my face. It's like the Teletubbies suddenly got fashionable. For years, my Google search history has been littered with the words "yellow dress" as I continue to strive to find my perfect yellow dress. And trust me, I've been searching.

Emma Stone's character Mia pays tribute to the retro style (often forgotten by High Street labels nowadays), with flattering dresses reflecting the glorious, sunny technicolour of the Hollywood age. As the film gears up for the Academy Awards this Sunday, I've been digging up my own La La Land-inspired pieces...particularly the yellow dress! It's my favourite colour - happy, bold, cheery.


And it seems both Mia and Emma are big fans of the colour too, with it being a firm favourite of the actress (Emma) on the red carpet, and the wannabe actress (Mia) in the soon-to-be iconic sunset tap scene.


The La La Land effect is spreading to my favourite online shop too - with ASOS now conveniently stocking many more bright yellow frocks than it used to (trust me, I'd know). Have a browse for yourself and see how you can bring the LA sunshine to your winter wardrobe.

From left to right: Boohoo £22, Asos £25, Asos was £45 now £18, Oasis (as seen earlier!) was £60 now £24

You Might Also Like

0 comments