Red Carpet Fashion: Deepwater Horizon Premiere

Monday, October 03, 2016

Last Monday, I attended the Deepwater Horizon European Premiere in Leicester Square, London. (You can read the full film review here! It's in cinemas now, too.) It was attended by the director  Peter Berg, as well as Mark Wahlberg and the real life hero he plays, Mike Williams.


Probably something to do with Transformers filming, Mark Wahlberg was dressed casually in khaki - suited and booted with elbow pads! Casual was probably the way forward, as other guests like The Vamps followed suit.


I couldn't go too formal as I was coming straight from an all-day conference, but I did make use of a Topshop LBD lying in my wardrobe waiting for an occasion - slightly more full on than a classic little black dress, with lace cutting and a midi skirt. It reminds me of the Victorian lace trend that's doing the rounds at the moment, plus I bought it earlier this year in the sale for a tenner! You can't really ever go wrong with a black dress..



So...in honour of the wardrobe staple that is the little black dress, here are my 3 favourites in the shops right now that can take you from summer to winter.

Oasis, £45
Take the Victorian thing one step further with a supremely high neck and some more lace.



New Look, £29.99
A flattering black dress with an extra mesh panel and some real shape.


Miss Selfridge, Was £75 Now £56.25
It's in the sale! This is the closest thing I could find to my Topshop dress - finish with a pair of small heels if you're going out, and trainers during the day.




For more photos from the red carpet, and other blog sneak previews, follow the brand new Instagram account (@beviewblog) !


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This place was amazing! Great food, it's smaller than others I guess but it is still a fair sized fun. The decor at Los Angeles venues was amazing as every note of music reverberates off the beautiful walls. Everything about this venue is nothing less than 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete