NYFW #StreetStyle: Gotta be bright!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My first New York Fashion Week has been such a whirlwind of fun! I'd never been to New York before but my idea of NY street style has always been bold and bright, so when it came to packing my suitcase, I made sure I packed an array of colour.

In fact, I found a gem of a silk shirt at a local charity shop that had been marked down even further because clearly nobody had wanted to buy something that had so many colours it was borderline  the technicolour dreamcoat (if it was a coat). Nevertheless, I bought my dreamshirt which was slightly too short to be a dress and paired it with shorts. You might say it was a fashion faux pas but a) you should always be comfortable in what you're wearing, and b) I wanted to take bright prints one step further.


I'm also a sucker for vintage, and when such 'vintage' comes straight from your mother's wardrobe, it makes it so much better! I'm obsessed with this belt and black leather backpack (est. way before the backpack resurgence), so they definitely deserved a spin out on the streets of New York.


I absolutely loved going bright(er than usual), and didn't feel out of place at all! The moral of the story is to never forget the humble charity shop, and never be afraid to show your colours!

You Might Also Like

0 comments