Beview at NYFW: My Show Highlights

Saturday, September 17, 2016

There have been some stunning SS17 collections here in New York over the past few days. Somehow, little Londoner me ended up sitting in the front row at two shows and I simply have to gush about how amazing some of these dresses were. After all, I had quite the view!

Vivienne Hu

Whilst the live singers and violinist seemed slightly out of place, there was a lot to look at for Hu's Spring/Summer 2017 show. Paying tribute to the strength of New Yorkers, we were treated to some well-tailored pieces, layering, belting up, and gorgeous hues of baby blue. There was also a range of prints thrown in for good measure, and the resurgence of the gladiator sandal. Yes there was a lot to take in (almost too much!), but I imagine it all represents the hustle and bustle of the big city! I thought the blunt bobs with a hint of colour were a nice touch, too. You can find a full gallery of gorgeous shots here.



Irina Vitjaz


Austrian-based designer Vitjaz brought us "Pure Couture" at her debut show in Skylight Clarkson Square and it was an honour to be a part of it. There were some fantastic silhouettes, some quirky, some very feminine. She chose florals and polka dots, and all of her pieces had a very ethereal, floaty feel and a consistent tone that you can tell a lot of thought has gone into.




Rosanthal Tee

Rosanthal Tee is famed for her stunning bridal gowns, so I was super-ecstatic for this at Pier 59 Studios! Grown-up pastels combined with my favourite thing...embellishment! Oh my gosh, so much embellishment. The finale piece was a cross between Tee's high fashion and bridal roots, and is something I can definitely see on the daring red carpets. 






Until next time, New York! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments