(More) ones to watch!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hello lovely people of the music-loving Internet!

So...I did a 'ones-to-watch' post last year in 2013, trying to spot amazing talent with their star on the rise. Last year's list included Samantha Barks, Nina Nesbitt and Haim, and it's safe to say they've all been doing very well, and are continuing to do so. Therefore, using this as scientific absolute factual evidence, it substantially proves that the Beview predictions are pretty much on-the-money and scientifically proven. (Open to scientific debate in a mannerly fashion!) Anyway, for many boring reasons, I never got round to doing one for 2014. And it's about time I did. 

Prides 

Prides are a 3-man band formed in Glasgow, and, despite only forming last year, they've already been doing some pretty high profile gigs including Reading and Leeds festivals. I know for a fact that these guys will do well - you have my word and can hold me to it! A little-known fact on here is that I do stuff for radio, and several months ago was lucky enough to interview Stewart, the lead singer from Prides (he's a top guy). So when these guys become the "It Brit Band" I will be namedropping left, right and centre. They describe their sound as "synthpop", and honestly, their anthemic vibes are very powerful. And I totally just made up the word anthemic...

Their EP "The Seeds You Sow" was released earlier this year and check out their latest track "Messiah" below. They are also very worth a Youtube-stalk. 




Jacob Plant 
DJs and dance music are huge these days. So much so, that Simon Cowell is starting a new show to find "The Next DJ". He needn't look very far though, as Jacob Plant is in my opinion that very guy. At 22, Jacob's already done some cracking remixes including Le Youth's smash hit "Dance With Me", and "I Need Your Love" by Calvin Harris, who himself has shown him a lot of support already. I've interviewed Jacob on the radio too, and I'm definitely predicting very big things here, especially if the incredible tracks like "Fire" and "Louder" (below) are anything to go by. I mean, like, that drop! Also, he is verrrry cute. Just sayin'.


A non-music one now...and since everyone's already mad for superheroes (Captain America 2 is a must-watch-right-now, The Amazing Spiderman 2 is on my list, and DC Comics recently announced their ensemble exciting news, how about some supermutants? Yup, you heard right...

X-Men: Days of Future Past

This is very, very exciting. As they begin to premiere the latest X-Men film, I'm seeing a gradual trickle of very positive reviews. Which is also very, very exciting. As is the fact that our much beloved characters will be meeting their older/younger selves, and changing the past to save the future. I probably can't say much else until I've actually seen the film myself, but I can say that I am very, very excited. (Did I mention that already?)

It hits cinemas at the end of this month, but for now here's the trailer - and you can expect a review on here pretty soon too!



Until next time,
Bev x

You Might Also Like

0 comments