BAFTA and Grammy Red Carpet Review

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm going to start this post with two confessions. 1) My apologies to the guys. You're not going to like this very much.. 2) I have a slight fascination/minor obsession with looking at the nice red carpet outfits of the stars. Continuing on with that, it's only fair to the fashion-fascinated side of me that I write a little bit about such dresses. And what better timing than just after the weekend's glitzy BAFTAs and Grammys? For those who probably don't know (that's most of you), I used to have a fashion blog called the White Shirt Challenge (Google treasure hunt it if you so wish) involving wearing a white shirt in many, many different ways for at least 30 days, and it's been a while since I've done a fashion post. So this is where I  ramble on a bit about pretty dresses and the weekend's rockin' outfits on both sides of the big pond. Again, sorry males.

1. Monochrome

You only need to flip open any women's magazine to "discover" that this season is supposedly all about the black and whites. I've always been a fan, and trends like this don't need to be "in" to be worn, but it's been very popular on the carpets of late. If this were a competition, Beyonce has the edge. And not just because every girl secretly wants to be Beyonce a little bit...



2. The (Little) Black Dress

Anne Hathaway kept it simple and understated in a Burberry gown. I want to be her friend.

3. All things bright and beautiful

So what if it's -2 degrees outside? Celebrities seem to be born with five layers of extra skin. Or they'd just rather freeze. Winter does not exist; to show more weather defiance, the brightest colours of the summer must also be worn. Not that I'm complaining - I have been sporting a yellow bag, and a yellow coat (because I sadly do not have five layers of extra skin).


4. Black and nude

It's kinda like going for the monochrome look but a whole lot gutsier. I'm not too keen on it, but Gemma Arterton plays it safe and manages to make it elegant. Kelly Rowland, on the other hand.....
5. Erm, what!?

I know Angelina's made the whole "stick one leg out of your dress" thing popular (I have never and never will understand it) but this is just plain weird. 

And that's probably enough rambling for now...you can expect another dose when the Oscars start making waves!

Until next time,
Bev x




 

You Might Also Like

0 comments