#BeviewUpdates

Monday, December 03, 2012



(Seasons) Greetings everyone…its December! That time of the year where I freak out and question where the hell my whole year has run off to. Then again, I seem to do that quite a lot anyway… But before I lament the hibernation of my summery clothes and break into Christmas song and dance, I need to address the fact that a lot of time has passed since I last wrote to you all. And make up for it with a series of unnecessary life updates. Not that you’d be remotely interested anyway, but it will make me feel less guilty for my recent lack of posts. And I’m just going to throw an early New Year’s Resolution out there too: I, Bev, will blog more and write more frequently in 2013. There we go. Signed and sealed in Arial font.

Life Bites:

-          I went to see Jason Mraz at the o2 Arena and it was simply quite epic. I’ve been trying to get hold of any Jason Mraz-related tickets for years and it definitely exceeded my expectations; I’ll be putting a gig review up here at some point.
-          There was a sense of Twilight closure as I watched Breaking Dawn Part 2 at the cinema. Again, there’ll be a review of that up soon too. I highly doubt it’ll be the last time you see Taylor Lautner’s ripped abs but there’ll be no more glittering skin after this.
-          Christmas fever is starting, and to make up for completely not feeling “Christmasy” at all last year, I’m starting early. With decorations and of course, shopping.
-          I bought a nice black lace dress from Asos under the pretence that it is my “Christmas party” dress. And totally justified it too because I bought it on sale.
-          There have been a lot of visits to Virgos Lounge on my computer, with their stunning embellishments for the Christmas season. I’m a firm fan.
-          I’ve been doing quite a bit of experimenty cooking lately, with a high success rate and 0 cases of food poisoning. Following that sushi recipe, I’ll be posting more on that soon…
-          I am completely out of it in terms of the whole X Factor shebang.  Something about everyone voting for a certain Christopher Malloney just to piss Simon Cowell off? Is he really that bad?
-          Some people confuse me.
 

And since we’re on the topic of lists and such, how about another one?

Things I’m looking forward to:

-          Christmas. Does it even need saying?
-          Cooking Christmas-related food. Time to tackle that turkey…
-          The Hobbit – I was/am a massive Lord of the Rings fan and I’m intrigued to find out what Mr Jackson and co. have done with this series. I have great expectations.
-          Speak of the devil, Great Expectations – the film adaptation. It stars Jeremy Irvine as Pip so that alone will get me into the cinema.
-          Other films. I may as well invest in an Odeon Card and start collecting points, as there’s a lot I want to see. Including the stellar-starstudded Les Miserables where surrounding cinema-goers may have to endure me trying to be Susan Boyle during “I Dreamed a Dream”.
-          Taking a break from hectic life, relaxing by non-existent fireplaces with a glass of mulled wine and catching up with my lovely friends and family.
-          More friends and family time.
-          Getting to wear my new black dress.
-          2013.
 

“2013!?” Cue *freaking out and questioning where on earth my whole year has run off to*.

Bev x

You Might Also Like

0 comments