A kick of acoustic

Monday, November 05, 2012

There's a common theme running along the tracks of my Spotify "Favourite Songs" playlist: Guys with Guitars. To be more specific, guys with guitars playing soppy love songs. Think James Blunt's "You're Beautiful", Nickelback's "Far Away", The Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris" and Damien Rice's "Cannonball". But lately, thanks to the principle of caring and sharing, my musical repertoire has expanded to...more guys with guitars. But in the interest of sharing, I'm going to do just that. 

Matt Nathanson - Come On Get Higher


Josh Kumra - The Answer

I went to see Josh in concert a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with his voice. This is such a beautiful song, and if you spend a day with me and listen closely enough, you will hear me absentmindedly humming segments of the chorus. 

Tyrone Wells - More
This song isn't new to me, but I am a big fan of Tyrone Wells and this just always gives me goosebumps.

Justin James - Perfect Sometimes


5 words: Take. Me. Back. To. Summer


And what's this...a girl with a guitar?!

Nina Nesbitt - Babylon (cover)
Nina Nesbitt has been my musical One to Watch for quite some time now, and I saw her live a few weeks ago also. She has some really original tracks out (Boy, The Apple Tree, Noserings and Shoestrings) but it was hearing this acoustic cover of David Gray that really caught my attention.

And it's not just guitars...

Jason Walker - Kiss Me (cover)
 ...it's the keys too! I've been a big fan of Jason Walker's for many years, and no it's not because of The Vampire Diaries (I've sadly never even seen a full episode). His Midnight Starlight EP is highly recommended, and I love this song and his interpretation of it.

I'm now tempted to put a lame lovey-dovey guitar-related joke here but that'd just be stringing you along ;) 

Bev x

You Might Also Like

0 comments