Forget Coca Cola, the John Lewis Christmas ad has arrived.

Friday, November 09, 2012

Hot off the press, and you saw it here first: The First Sign That Christmas Is Officially Nearby And The Whole Of 2012 Has Officially Flown By. Otherwise known as the John Lewis Christmas advert. I know, I know, it's usually jolly Red Santa courtesy of Coke and co.. but since the ad that year Ellie Goulding covered "Your Song", and more importantly last year's, I look forward to the John Lewis ads as a signpost that Christmas is fast approaching. I can't help but still feel it's way, way, way too early for shops to be selling their hampers and gift sets and mince pies, but I'll give up my Scrooge-like tendencies if I continue to keep seeing this on TV. It's quite simply another heartwarmer.

You must know the 2011 John Lewis ad by now - you know, the one where the little boy (with the wizard hat) simply cannot wait til Christmas just because he wants to give his family their presents; I think I pretty much welled up a little every time that aired. Which was a lot. And a whole year has passed, with another soppy John Lewis ad (the timeless love story one) along the way, and now it's time for snowmen to take centre stage. 

Aptly titled "The Journey", it also involves an adorable child (but there are two this time), Christmas traditions, a spine-tingling song provided by up-and-comer Gabrielle Aplin, and your heartstrings. 

 
We all know the feeling of going the extra mile (get it?) to find the perfect present for those lovely people in our lives, so I'm giving this year's ad a big thumbs up. I'm feeling a "The Snowman" moment all over again, and it's making me wish snowmen were huggable with ever-changing faces. I may or may not have even welled up a teeny tiny tiny bit. (I blame the music. And the facial expressions.) Actually, I think the real discovery of me writing this is that John Lewis ads make me regress to a little girl all over again. Or maybe Scrooge is melting away and I'm merely starting to look forward to Christmas now. 

Or maybe not. It's only November; it's still too soon!

Bev x

You Might Also Like

0 comments