Are you ready for a tearjerker? Me Before You reaches cinemas very soon!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016


You may remember my post at the start of the year about one of my personal most-anticipated film releases of 2016. Lately, I've been hiding under a rock for exams (no, literally) but the summer cinema calendar is keeping me going, and this marks the start! Me Before You is an extraordinary tale of how you change - and are changed by - the people around you. (Funnily enough, I first stumbled across the book because I thought "Me Before You" sounds like a great idea for a novel title.) If you're one of the few people who hasn't read the book, you seriously need to; I've been recommending it to schoolfriends, colleagues and random strangers in the street for years. Author Jojo Moyes is a hero of mine, and the film adaptation IS NEARLY HERE, PEOPLE!

Me Before You is the unexpected story of Lou, a quirky bumbly 26-year-old hopping from one job to the next and never really left her hometown, and Will, a former banker who became wheelchair-bound following an accident. They're both from worlds apart and are brought together for the adventure(s) of a lifetime. One of the best things about it is that it'll make you think, laugh and cry all at once. Ahead of cinema release, it's been the talk of town and one of my fave bands Imagine Dragons have even written a song for it. If the book is anything to go by, it's not your typical cheesy rom-com, and judging from the trailers, Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games) have really brought two of my favourite fictional characters to life. (It'll also be slightly strange seeing a non-Blonde Emilia Clarke.) I'm not ashamed to say the trailer makes me cry every single time and I think I'll stock up on a full pack of Kleenex before I hit the cinema. Here's a little more to mull over - we have GOT and Hunger Games, but also supporting cast in the form of Jenna Coleman and Matthew Lewis, so theoretically it's a Doctor Who and Harry Potter crossover too! Happy days...



Me Before You is released in the UK on 3rd June.

Take a look at the extended trailer below:


And how dreamy is their official poster!?



You Might Also Like

0 comments