Let's hear it for new music!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New music is music to my ears. I've been spoilt for choice by new artists like the Ellas (Eyre and Henderson), and there are also lots of musical comebacks including former Teen Queen Hilary Duff and a personal fave of mine, Charlie Simpson. You know, of Those Eyebrows and That Band? Anyway, here are some highlights...

Ella Eyre - Comeback


Fresh from her last hit If I Go (one of my most played tracks this summer), this song features raw soul, raw sass, lyrics we can all relate to, and a naughty word. Check out the lyric video - it's pretty cool.

Ella Henderson - Glow
This Ella likes people walking and running around in mysterious places, judging from her music videos so far. Glow is not as immediately catchy as predecessor and former number 1 Ghost, but hit repeat, and Glow will grow on you. Bit of a mouthful, that!

Hilary Duff - All About You


Wake up, wake up on a Saturday night... Anyone else remember belting out those words back in the day?! Well Ms Duff is back with a catchy tune penned by pop's finest writers. I like it better than her "official comeback single" Chasing the Sun, which doesn't say that much but I'm saying it anyway.  

Sigma ft Paloma Faith - Changing


This song's been making it's way around on air and online for a few weeks already, but since I haven't blogged for a few weeks, I couldn't not include it. Sigma have proved they are no one hit wonder with this this epic anthem.

Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang

We all love a good ol' collaboration, and this one unites three massive female artists of the moment. It's a decent song, but I warn you, it's very tricky to sing along to. Mainly because I don't possess a superhuman vocal range. Luckily (for everyone), however, I'm not the 4th member of this supergroup. 

Charlie Simpson - Long Road Home
This list has been oozing girl power so far. But my last One to Watch(/Listen to) is the incredible Charlie Simpson, who has forged a very impressive solo career. I own both Young Pilgrim and latest album Long Road Home and considering the fact that I rarely buy actual CDs these days, that's an equally impressive feat. Check out the title track from the album and you'll know what I mean. 

(I had the privilege of meeting Charlie at his album launch. His new music is as lovely as the man himself.)





You Might Also Like

0 comments