Beview Fashion Special: 3 Asos dresses, 3 Miss Sporty lipsticks!

Sunday, June 30, 2013


 

Spurred on by paychecks, a recent lack of shopping and my lifelong love for dresses, I've been on an Asos dress spree. Three occasions (which happened to be on consecutive evenings!) meant three new dresses which I happily sourced from the Asos sale, attempting three different styles, aided by three different colours of three different Miss Sporty lipsticks. This gives the perfect opportunity for some more fashion blogging, which I have sorely missed! (For previous outfit blogging, check out my old blog http://www.thewhiteshirtchallenge.blogspot.com.


1) The Great Gatsby

I haven't seen the film or read the book (I know, I need to do both!), but it's been impossible to escape the 1920s fashion revival. I attended a Great Gatsby themed "ball", and whilst the dress isn't strictly 1920s, I accessorised by using a Orelia necklace as a headband and charlestone pearl style beads. And silver and sparkle is kinda 20s,ish... The top of the dress is all sequins, and the bottom is very poofy. I also went for the whole dramatic smokey eye look and red lips (Miss Sporty in "Malaga"), using a pair of hair straighteners to attempt old-fashioned waves. I know they say don't do eyes and lips, but I was going for the whole dramatic thing anyway. There's a tiny bit of stock remaining for the dress on Asos here, for a bargain £13.50.

2) Be bright

I wasn't planning on buying another dress on that same Asos order, but I came across this on sale. One of my favourite colours is yellow because it's so bright and bold. This is more lime green than yellow, but boy is it very bright and very bold! There are scattered sequins all over too, and a less-than-common neckline which I liked. So as not to cover said neckline with long hair, I put it in a one sided mermaid plait. I wanted a bright pink lip colour to go with the whole bright theme without spending too much money on something I won't be using regularly, and Miss Sporty offers a wide range of colours with a very affordable price tag (£2.59). The shade is called "I love" (038), and the dress is still on sale here for £16.50.

3) The new nude

I bought a one-shouldered Little Mistress dress from Asos a while back and there are still colour variations available online. It's something that would fit perfectly for prom-type occasions, with a sequin and bead panel and a very nice organza/netting lining for the skirt - too out-there for a casual evening out but perfect for special occasions. I bought a Miss Sporty nude lipstick a while back and thought it would go nicely with the theme.

Here's a disclaimer: I have not been paid to advertise Asos or Miss Sporty! They were simply happy coincidental purchases of products I am more than happy to recommend. Although as Beview is all about the reviews, if I were to write a mini beauty review, I'd say that the lipsticks had strong staying power, came in a whole host of shades, didn't dry out my lips, and were perfectly affordable so I didn't break the bank!

You Might Also Like

2 comments