New Music Wednesday: Hudson Taylor, Ryan Keen, Demi Lovato and more

Wednesday, August 30, 2017


I'm officially back from a bit of an unofficial summer hiatus and boy have we got loads to catch up on! Whilst I have to admit I've found August a bit of a less inspiring cinema month compared to our usual summer corkers, I have got loads to share music-wise. Firstly, did you know Taylor Swift has a new song out? Really, she does??? There goes my internal debate of "is it Look What You Made Me Do? Or Look At What You Made Me Do?", and my internal debate of "do I even like T-Swift music these days? It's not the same as it used to be",  and "oh, her songs are smart but she's a bit annoying"...and then BAM. We're exactly where T-Swift knew we'd be. And she's all over the newspapers not just on her album cover. But then I realise - there's so much more NEW music out there we should be talking about. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Starting with The Script - Rain. Taken from the upcoming album Freedom Child, this was actually released in July but momentum keeps steadily building and I've actually had this track on repeat and then some. It's different to their previous music which I also adore, but it has this upbeat summer vibe that's fresh and puts Danny O'Donoghue's signature falsetto to good use.



From one band singing about rain to another, I'm excited about the release of new music from Hudson Taylor with Feel it Again. I interviewed the brothers in 2015 when they were releasing Singing for Strangers, but with it being their debut album they had a back catalogue of songs going back years. It's really good to hear brand new music, and this one has an impressive backing track, gorgeous soulful harmonies and a bit of a rock-n-roll Elvis feel morphing into an anthemic power-chorus.



Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me, taken from her upcoming album of the same name, is an empowering with more layers than a potato salad. The chorus has a big gospel sound, complete with claps.



If you're looking for a chilled out, happy song, look no further than Ryan Keen - Friday Morning Feeling. This is the sort of music I spent my teenage years seeking out, and I still love it. The verse is a bit Newton Faulkner-esque, and like with Hudson Taylor, I've been waiting for Ryan Keen to release some new music.



Gabrielle Aplin's music seems to change with every album/EP and following her addictive track Miss You, new release Waking Up Slow has a similar bouncy electro-pop thing going on.



As I've been away and we clearly have loads of music to catch up on, my notable highlights include OneRepublic - Rich Love, Nick Mulvey - Unconditional, HONNE - Just Dance, and Nina Nesbitt - The Moments I'm Missing. Check it out!

And one last song, because it's called Pizza. PIZZA. Martin Garrix, that's 5 stars from me already. Ok yeah it's repetitive as hell but it's the soundtrack to pizza.


All tracks out now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments