Merry Christmas from Beview!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas! This will be my official Beview Christmas letter to you, and I hope that as I write this, you are sipping on a nice cuppa hot chocolate, sitting against a radiator with Magic FM's Christmas tunes in the background. Or maybe that's just me...(but you should try it; it feels very nice.) Anyway, this is Beview's very first Christmas. This time last year, I was blogging from The Lollipop House, and I was rambling on about how I did not feel at all Christmasy...possibly the curse of age or otherwise. I'm now older and wiser - by one significant year - and I have to admit the Christmas spirit of TV adverts has still not struck me to the snow-encrusted floor. I have, however, indulged in the appropriate amount of chocolate/roast dinners/mulled wine, watched Love Actually, sung Christmas carols and tunes, attempted Christmas shopping, marvelled at Christmas lights, bought German Bratwurst from the Christmas markets, and smothered my head with an obscene number of hats. 

And there is still time. Time to reflect upon the birth of Jesus and the real reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place. Time to actually get myself an advent calendar. Time to find the perfect Christmas jumper. Time to watch Elf and Miracle on 34th Street and belt out Mariah Carey songs until my lungs start hurting...

But at the end of the day, Christmas is all about making a difference to others, and spreading that special Christmas cheer even if you aren't necessarily feeling it yourself. Whether it's the simple "Merry Christmas" to the driver as you exit the bus or taxi, or to the cashier after you spend ages dancing to and fro the different shelves of the shop as you ponder which gift your friend will like more. And it's being with the people you love and letting them know you love them. Don't worry if you haven't done it yet; there is still time.

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Bev xxx 
PS. If you're feeling all Christmasy and nice, and want to give me a brilliant Christmas present (who doesn't!?), like the official Beview Facebook page :D http://www.facebook.com/beviewblog 


I'm sharing a few holiday snaps with you, since Christmas is all about sharing
...
Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, London
 The famous Marmite lights on Oxford Street
 My ultra-delicious Christmas dinner last weekend
I met a real life Snowman. Then went home to watch the animated Snowman on Youtube and cried.
 With my friend Ellie, rocking our Christmas jumpers!

You Might Also Like

0 comments